The Best Way To Take Care Of Silk
Our Guide To Taking Care Of Your Silk Items
Firstly, silk does not have to be washed as often as other materials because it naturally breaks away mites, dust and other particles.
As the properties are different from other materials such as cotton, it needs to be taken care of in a different way too.
We would recommend hand washing your silk items where possible making sure the temperature of water is low. If you want to, you can wash the silk in the washing machine, at a gentle wash cycle.
Avoid twisting the silk and try not to rub too hard to remove stains either, to avoid causing damage to the fibres.
Silk Care Instructions:
- Professional dry cleaning recommended
- Hand wash or machine wash in lukewarm water (30°C) on the most gentle cycle available.
- Minimize spin time.
- Do not use bleaches
- Do not tumble dry
- Hang dry if possible, however, avoid direct sunlight exposure.
- Use neutral or special detergent for silk.
- Keep out of touch of pets/sharp objects.